Tuesday, November 8, 2011

More Progress, Same Problem

Last night I modified the heated bed and got it installed.  I attached the silicon heater element to the bottom (it's a simple peel and stick) so I just need to install a thermistor and wire it up to my control box and that will be ready to go.

Of course, a heated bed does me no good unless I can get this thing to extrude.  I switched out the thermistor again and got the same result.  Temp reads as 875 degrees at room temperature so the heater does not kick in.  I know that the thermistor is fine (I guess the previous one was OK as well) so I have another problem.  It wasn't until this morning on the way to work that I realized that I probably have the wrong temperature table in my firmware.  I will check that next.

No comments:

Post a Comment